- Cancer Specialists
Find A Doctor
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient management. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
Assist in giving patient care. Knowldge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Experience with medical equipment and instruments used to administer patient care. Perform common safety hazard protections to maintain a safe work environment. Maintain records and record test results. Develop and maintain department quality assurance. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public. Maintain quality control standards. Must be able to react calmly and efficiently in emergency situations. Interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Communicate clearly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
GED or High School Equivalency and graduation from an accredited program for medical assistants. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger deterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: Certification from a medical assistant school or two years work experience required.
All interested applicants please submit your letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org via e-mail and complete required application.
Administrative Office - Full Time
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
This position receives and routes all phone calls coming into the administrative services office and efficiently performs other general office work as assigned and requested.
• Answers phones and directs calls to appropriate departments.
• Files correspondence/reports as necessary.
• Receives sorts and distributes mail.
• Prepares and sends Federal Express, UPS, faxes, and any other items as requested.
• Provides miscellaneous clerical duties as required.
• Prepares agendas, copies and assembles meeting packets
• Compiles various reports and packets.
• Orders office supplies.
• Performs copying, filing, clerical work as required.
• Supports Directors and Managers as needed.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. One-year receptionist experience preferred, but not required. High school diploma or equivalency required.
TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Greets, instructs, directs, schedules and gathers insurance information for patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff. Work is performed in reception area. Involves frequent contact with patients. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Contact involves dealing with sick people.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of business office procedures. Excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation in order to accurately input patient information. Skill in operating a computer and photocopy machine. Skill in greeting patients and answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner. Ability to speak in a clear and concise manner. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Prefer one year work experience, preferably in a medical office setting. Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
Non-Exempt –Full Time
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Under supervision of the attending physician and the
Director of Pharmaceutical Services works to compound chemotherapy agents while maintaining proper policy and procedure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
· Responsible for compounding chemotherapy agents per physician orders.
· Adheres to OSHA Policy and Procedure.
· Adheres to Company Policies and Procedures.
· Performs related work as required
· Assists other admixture technicians
· Assists Director of Pharmaceutical Services in scheduling and maintaining workflow
· Assists in training new employees
· Requires the ability to read and communicate measurements accurately and legibly.
· Manual dexterity required in manipulation of vials, needles and syringes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Professional demeanor and courteous attitude.
. Attention to detail.
· Knowledge of basic pharmacy practices and procedures.
. Minimum 2 years’ experience with IV admixture in a pharmacy setting preferred.
· Knowledge of medications and medical supplies, Chemotherapy experience is a PLUS!
· Knowledge of record-keeping techniques. Pharmacy Computer System experience – Preferred.
· Accurate typing skills (minimum 35 words per minute).
· Basic computer literacy and technology with proficiency in general word-processing and data entry.
· Requires working with toxic substances, and medicinal preparations.
· Frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time.
· Strong organizational, prioritization. communications & mathematics skills – Required.
· Ability to understand the importance of and respect the confidentiality of all patient information.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: High School Graduate or GED Business/College Courses, Medical Terminology Courses Preferred. Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician – C.PH.T. Preferred
All interested applicants please submit your letter of interest to email@example.com
via e-mail and complete the Application Form.
Utah Cancer Specialists (UCS), Utah’s largest community-based oncology practice, is seeking a skilled, congenial and hard-working medical oncologist.
Located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains (where the cost of living is lower than most metropolitan areas of equal size), Salt Lake City offers unique recreational opportunities including world class Nordic and Alpine skiing, hiking, mountain biking, golf and fly-fishing. Utah is home to five national parks. We boast a broad spectrum of cultural and entertainment choices: theatre, dance, music, visual arts, museums, professional sports and more. Annual Festivals and Events are joined by traveling productions, concerts, special exhibits at museums, competitive sports, and just about any event you can imagine.
UCS has nine clinics across the Wasatch Front with 14 medical oncologists, three radiation oncologists, 12 mid-level providers (NPs/PA-Cs) and 31 supporting oncology nurses. UCS actively participates in cooperative and phases I = IV clinical research. The desired candidate should have an outgoing and engaging personality, be willing to meet with providers and referral sources, be able to manage and direct staff, and contribute to the improvement of services. Selected candidates will be board certified or near completing appropriate fellowship and excellent references. The position offers health and life insurance, 401(k), CME time and allowance, a four-day work week and paid vacation time.
Please send CV for further consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us online at www.utahcancer.com.