We have some great news for you! From now on Medicare patients will be getting more coordinated, higher quality cancer care.
Utah Cancer Specialists has been selected to participate in a special Medicare program called Oncology Care Model, or in short — OCM.
This program was designed to provide you with more coordinated and higher quality cancer care. So what does that mean?
• Our physicians will have secure access to your up-to-date electronic medical records, day and night. We are available to you and can help you, often without the need to go to the emergency room.
• We will provide you with a care plan that will give you a clear picture of your condition, who is responsible for certain aspects of your care and what to expect during your treatment.
• You will also get a survivorship plan. A survivorship plan is a summary of your treatment and contains information on recommended follow-up action, as well as risk reduction and health promotion suggestions.
• We will coordinate with health professionals and make sure all your test results are received before your doctor’s appointment, so you leave with more answers than questions.
• We will also provide you access to additional resources such as emotional support groups, transportation nutrition services and clinical trials that may offer cutting-edge therapy not available elsewhere.
• Finally, we will give you a summary of the total cost for all your cancer-related services, regardless of who is paying the bill.
Now if you are asking yourself if OCM is going to cost you anything, the answer is “Absolutely not!”
You are still free to choose any health care provider and your Medicare rights and protections remain the same. Where’s the catch? Well, for this great program to be effective, we must have your help. We need you to tell us about all the medications and supplements you are taking so we can coordinate all your medicines. Be sure to update us when you start or stop any of these items.
We understand there are times when you may want other kinds of medical care, but we need you to notify us so we can coordinate it with your treatment.
Medicare may send you a survey to complete. Please fill it out and return it so we can use your input to improve our service to you. And remember, we’re here for you, 24/7, to help you and your family and to make your journey as convenient and effective as we can.
Please contact us first if you have any questions.
And… Welcome to the Oncology Care Model .