Small Bowel Cancer Treatment in Utah
Small bowel cancer is an uncommon type of cancer that occurs in the small intestine. Your small intestine, which is also called the small bowel, is a long tube that carries digested food between your stomach and your large intestine (colon).
Symptoms of Small Bowel Cancer:
Signs and symptoms of small bowel cancer include:
- Abdominal pain
- Yellowing of the skin and the whites of the eyes (jaundice)
- Feeling unusually weak or tired
- Losing weight without trying
- Blood in the stool, which might appear red or black
- Watery diarrhea
- Skin flushing
Small Bowel Cancer Treatment Options:
Treatment for small bowel cancer depends on the type of cancer you have and its stage. Options might include:
- Surgery is used to remove all of the small bowel cancer, when possible.
- Chemotherapy uses powerful drugs to kill cancer cells.
- Targeted drug therapy focuses on specific weaknesses present within cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy is a drug treatment that helps your immune system to fight cancer.